Check this out!
Summer in a Jar
Summer in a Jar– makes approx. 9 half-pint jelly jars
This amazing spreadable jam is ideal for bread but makes an even more delicious filling for pastries, cookies and cupcakes. Jam is defying its traditional use and becoming a standard ingredient for desserts, cheese trays and meats.
- 6 cups tart apples, like Granny Smith, peeled, cored and diced small
- 7 cups halved hulled strawberries
- 4 cups chopped, pitted fully ripe sweet cherries
- 3 cups raspberries
- 2 12-oz cans of undiluted frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 6 Tablespoon Canning Gel
- Fruit prep: After washing and chopping fruit and berries, use a potato masher to mash all the berries.
- In a large stainless steel stock pot, combine all ingredients, less the Canning Gel, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat being sure to stir constantly. Once at a boil, whisk in Canning Gel and reduce heat. Boil gently for 5 additional minutes while stirring frequently to avoid scorching.
- Ladle hot jam into hot jars leaving a ¼” head space. Remove any air bubbles and adjust headspace as necessary. Using a warm wash cloth dipped in vinegar, wipe jar rim and bands. Add sterilized lids and rings and hand tighten.
- Place jars in a water bather and cover with 1 inch of water. Process jars for 10 minutes. Remember, processing time doesn’t begin until the water is at a full rolling boil.
The Canning Diva®