I often get asked, “how do you use all the stuff you can?” Well, it’s easy! Here is a fun example of what I intend to serve this 4th of July!
1. Dilly Beans – I always put 2 pint jars in the refrigerator prior to any BBQ or outdoor activity. When guests arrive, I give them an ice cold beer in one hand and set out a glass dish of dilly beans for the other. This pickled treat tastes awesome on a hot summer day…but if you aren’t a fan of beans, then you’ll love the next one…
2. Pickled Asparagus – Same concept as above, but with a touch of heat! I always add a few tablespoons of crushed red pepper! Zing! Zang!!!
3. Strawberry Salsa – One of my favorite summer time appetizers is Strawberry Salsa over a Brick of Cream Cheese. Eat this yummy dish with tortilla chips!
custom essays service
4. Blueberry Applesauce – A delicious and refreshing side dish! If you’re serving bratwursts or pork chops on the grill, then this side is sure to delight! If you’re traveling to a 4th of July BBQ, place your quart-sized jar in the refrigerator, then transport in a cooler. The colder, the better!
5. Jam? Yes, Orange Marmalade – Nothing screams SUMMER more than ICE CREAM! Dress up your vanilla ice cream with a dapple of canned Orange Marmalade.
6. Raw Sauerkraut – Speaking of Bratwursts, compliment this all-time favorite with canned raw sauerkraut. Empty your jar of kraut into a stainless steel colander, rinse well. Heat in a skillet or crock pot. Get creative by adding diced onions, garlic, and olive oil to give it a robust flavor. Grab a bun, a Bratwurst, stack a pile of cooked sauerkraut on top and add a touch of mustard…and Viola!
Happy 4th of July Everyone!
The Canning Diva~